How small groups are different from weekends:
Let’s start with what is the same. Jr high has energy either place, they want fun at either place and a person to know them and a feeling of acceptance and belonging in both places. There are a few difference if you do small groups separate from the weekends.
- Students are accountable to a group. There are dedicated weekly leaders who will notice if you are gone.
- Students can connect with other students that are their age, grade, and gender on a more personal basis.
- Students can ask more questions relative to their current situation. There is talking.
- Students can build relationships with a volunteer who acts as their pastor, some one who is present and helps create a safe place for them to belong.
- Students build a more authentic relationship with Jesus through community. Friends that want the best for you.
- Students can learn to navigate the Bible. This takes time and practice. I am 30 and still figuring it out.
- Small groups provide the opportunity for students to be known by other students and their leader.
- Students can personalize their faith. They see their leaders and they see the other students.
- Leaders connect with students on their turf.
10. Leaders connect with parents on a regular basis.
Latest posts by Justin Herman (see all)
- I love reviews. Do you? - July 20, 2017
- Parents, Teaching Your Teen Responsibility, Part 2 - April 12, 2017
- Parents, Teaching Your Teen Responsibility - April 7, 2017